Elevate Quaife ATB Helical Limited Slip Differential (LSD) Volvo with M66 Transmission
- Maximize traction during acceleration, cornering, and braking
- Direct replacement for the factory “open” differential
- Greatly reduces unwanted torque steer and understeer
- Maximize traction and minimize wheelspin
- For use with M66 FWD Six Speed Manual Transmission
- Includes upgraded bearings and set of ring gear bolts
- Lifetime Warranty
Elevate has partnered with Quaife to offer the best limited slip differential (LSD) on the market to improve traction in straight line, cornering, and braking--much needed for FWD Volvos.
Often imitated but never improved, the Quaife Automatic Torque Biasing (ATB) limited slip differential is the perfect traction solution that delivers noticeable performance benefits on your Volvo when compared to using the factory ‘open’ differential unit.
Widely accepted as the upgrade of choice for road car owners and motorsport competitors looking to improve their vehicle’s traction, handling balance and braking capabilities, the Quaife ATB limited slip differential is a direct replacement for a standard factory ‘open’ differential.
The Elevate kit includes two upgraded tapered bearings (with races) and a set of twelve Ford Motorsport differential ring gear bolts to complete the installation.
- Safe, progressive and seamless in action, the Quaife ATB differential never ‘locks’
- Controlled power is transmitted to all driven wheels, to maximise traction and minimise wheelspin, particularly in slippery conditions
- Fitment greatly reduces unwanted torque steer, understeer or oversteer
- Designed to work in harmony with road car electronic stability and traction control programs
- Improves braking performance on front wheel drive cars by reducing lock up and minimising ABS intrusion due to torque transfer action
- Reduces tire wear, especially on front wheel drive cars
- Gear operated with no service components to replace – ever
- Direct replacement for factory standard ‘open’ differential unit
- Retains normal axle lubrication systems and maintenance schedule
- Backed by a Quaife lifetime warranty for both motorsport and road use
Originally introduced in the 1980’s, Quaife ATB limited slip differentials are well proven, precision engineered, British made, highly durable and used worldwide in rallying, circuit racing, sprinting, rallycross and Time Attack, as well as the open road.
Once installed, drivers will notice an immediate difference, as the Quaife (ATB) limited slip differential automatically biases the torque across the axle to the wheel with the most grip. Unwanted wheelspin and slip are greatly reduced, resulting in less understeer on front or four wheel drive machines.
On front wheel drive cars the Quaife ATB limited slip differential delivers significant performance benefits during heavy braking. In this situation the Quaife differential’s inherent torque transfer characteristics work in reverse to transfer torque away from the locking wheel. This enhances deceleration, delaying the intrusion of electronic ABS systems and allowing drivers to brake later and deeper with the Quaife ATB limited slip differential than is possible with a standard ‘open’ differential unit.
Add these benefits together and it’s hardly surprising that in outright performance terms the Quaife ATB differential can make a remarkable difference compared to an ‘open’ differential. Back to back independent testing by Redline Magazine on a RenaultSport Clio 200 has proven that even on a short circuit lap times are reduced by over 2 seconds, making the Quaife ATB differential an excellent value for money upgrade.
The Quaife ATB Differential has been used by some of the world’s most revered motor manufacturers in their high performance model lines. Ford, General Motors (GM), BMW, Lotus and Chrysler are just some of those who have chosen our signature ‘traction enhancer’. Models have included all three generations of Ford Focus RS, the Lotus Evora 400, Mini JCW Challenge and Chevrolet Cobalt SS. The latest model to feature the ATB is Ford’s highly sought after 2018 Fiesta ST hot hatch.
Fully compatible with manufacturer electronic traction control and anti-lock braking systems, the Quaife ATB differential offers a number of key advantages in both functionality and service life compared to conventional plate-style LSD units.
Silent in operation (even during low-speed parking manoeuvres) the Quaife ATB limited slip unit never ‘locks,’ making it progressive, safe and user friendly. Unlike plate-style LSD designs there are no clutches, ramps, springs or other wear prone components to replace at regular intervals, because the Quaife ATB’s well-proven system of helical gears is extremely durable, plus it’s designed to use standard transmission oils.
This makes the Quaife ATB limited slip differential a genuine ‘fit and forget’ upgrade that offers compromise-free performance and unbeatable reliability on the street, strip, stage or circuit, backed by a lifetime warranty.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.